Disaster Event Reports

Report Lists

Quick View

Description

JOHOR BARU, June 21 — Floods hit five districts in Johor following a few hours of heavy rain last night, forcing 1,210 people from 288 families to be evacuated until 8am today.

State Health and Environment Committee chairman R. Vidyananthan said the five affected districts were Muar, Batu Pahat, Tangkak, Kluang and Pontian.

The victims were evacuated to 18 flood relief centres, he said in a statement today.

He said Pontian recorded the highest number of victims, totaling 349 people (85 families), and they were being accommodated at four relief centres, namely Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Seri Bukit Panjang, SK Parit Hj Adnan, SK Kampung Sawah and SK Seri Bunian.

In Batu Pahat, it involved 343 evacuees (75 families) at three relief centres, namely SK Agama Air Putih, Balai Raya Kampung Peserai and Sekolah Agama Tiga Serangkai.

In Muar, five relief centres have been opened to accommodate 276 flood evacuees, involving 65 families. They are Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Bandar Maharani, SK Parit Nawi, SK Tanjung Tohor, SK Orang Kaya Ali and SK Batu 18.

Also evacuated were 207 people (59 families) in Kluang and they were accommodated at four relief centres in the district, namely SK Simpang, SK Sri Kencana Simpang Renggam, SMK Dato Abdul Rahman Andak and Sekolah Agama Komplek Penghulu.

Another district affected by the flood is Tangkak, where 35 people from four families had been evacuated to the relief centres at SK Parit Bunga and SK Tanjung Gading 5. — Bernama

Sun, 21 Jun 2020

Malaysia, Flooding in Johor State

Johor, Malaysia
VERIFIED
 
CLOSED
AHA-FL-2020-000146-MYS
Quick View

Description

Heavy rains that hit parts of Aceh Utara and Bener Meriah Regency caused flooding due to overflowing of the Krueng Keude Amplah River, Krueng Keureutoe River, Krueng Pirak River and Krueng Peutoe River. The flood inundated dozens of villages and hamlets in the Nisam, Matangkuli, Pirak Timu and Lhoksukon sub-district areas. The report from the Aceh Utara BPBD Rescue Officer Team and the report from the local Geuchik stated that on Tuesday, June 16, 2020, Water suddenly entered the residents yard. The average water level varies between 50 to 70 cm covering the following districts: 1. Nisam sub-district, water starts entering residents homes in the community at 00.25 WIB. 2. Matangkuli sub-district, water starts entering residents houses at 07.30 WIB, including villages: Lawang, Hagu, & Alue Thoe. 121 household were affected and 358 people has been evacuated. 3. Pirak Timu sub-district, water starts entering residents houses at 08.00 WIB, including villages: Tanjong Seureukui, Munjhe Tujoh, Alue Bungkoh, Teupin U, Ceumeuceut, Leupe, Krueng Pirak, Matangkeh, Ara Ton ton, Rayeuk Pange, Bungong, Glumpang, Krueng Kreh, & Beuracan Rata. 4. Sub-district Lhoksukon, water starts entering residents houses at 08.30 WIB, including villages: Babah Geudubang, Krueng, Dayah LT, Kumbang, Teungoh LT, Buloh, Geulumpang, Tuha, Rayeuk, Rawa, Meucat, Meurbo, Meuria, and Bouquet Mee. At present the number of victims affected, refugees, damage and losses are still in the Data Collection.

Tue, 16 Jun 2020

Indonesia, Flooding in Aceh Utara and Bener Meriah Regency, Aceh Province

Aceh, Indonesia
VERIFIED
 
CLOSED
AHA-FL-2020-000137-IDN
Quick View

Description

JENEPONTO JAKARTA - Floods and landslides occurred in Rumbia Village, Rumbia District, Jeneponto Regency, South Sulawesi, since Friday (12/6) at 17.00 WITA. According to the report of the Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) of Jeneponto Regency, the floods and landslides were triggered by high rainfall intensity since 13.00 WITA. As a result of the disaster, four residents were reported missing. In addition, the floods also dragged the mini-bus car and six houses on stilts which were severely damaged due to being swept away by the current and the access road was buried by landslide material. The BPBD Rapid Reaction Team (TRC) of the Jeneponto Regency has conducted a rapid assessment and assessment of any damage from the effects of the flood and landslide disasters. In addition, he also coordinated with Makassar Basarnas to search for victims. The team also opened a road access that was buried by landslides with the Public Works Department using heavy equipment. Meanwhile, the urgent needs needed are tarpaulins, blankets, tents, logistics and food and other heavy equipment. BANTAENG JAKARTA - The Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) of Bantaeng Regency has helped flood affected residents to evacuate to safer places until Saturday (6/13). Some of the places of refuge are the Muhammadiyah Building (PDM), Jalan Raya Lanto with 35 people, Jami Tangnga 2 Mosque with 35 people, 25 in Tappajeng Elementary Schools. Then Nurul Yaqin Mosque on Jalan Bangau had 20 people, Musala BRI Branch on Jalan Kartini there were 20 people, PGRI Lamalaka Building had 25 people, Cabodo Mosque on Jalan Pahlawan as many as 30 people and COVID-19 Main Command Post as many as 5 people. As previously informed, the flood disaster struck Bantaeng Regency, South Sulawesi Province since Friday (12/6) at 17.00 WITA. The flood was triggered by high rainfall intensity in the upstream area and caused the Calendu River discharge to increase significantly. Then Cekang Balang Sikuyu was reported to have broken down on the right side, causing a number of areas to be flooded. According to updated data from the Bantaeng Regency BPBD, the affected areas include Pallantikang Village, Tappanjeng Village and Mal surround Village in Bantaeng District. Furthermore, Bonto Rita Village, Bonto Sunggu Village, Bonto Atu Village, Bonto Lebang Village and Bonto Jai Village in Bissappu District and Bonto Majannang Village in Sinoa District. Until now, the flood disaster reportedly claimed one death on behalf of Haerul Fatta Ampa, a 14-year-old man, allegedly due to being swept away. In addition, flooding also caused a 10-meter bridge in the camp. Kaili was damaged and could not be used, the southern ring access road of Bantaeng Regency was cut off along 40 meters in Kaili Camp, the Para-Para and Pandang roads were damaged by a landslide along approximately 200 meters so it could not be used. Then the Batayya 1 and Batayya 2 roads broke out and were buried by landslides for about 1 kilometer, Balang Sikuyu broke down and broke on the southern wing for about 30 meters, the bridge bridge of the Panaikang River was broken along 15 meters, so did the Balang River embankment Sikuyu along approximately 500 meters in Gaergea. As a result of the damage also makes some roads impassable to vehicles and must be diverted. While this is still reported a power outage and clean water has not flowed in several places. According to the estimated loss of approximately 25 billion for 2,333 houses that were damaged either heavily damaged, moderately damaged or slightly damaged. Then a loss of approximately 4 billion for Pasar Baru, 2 billion is estimated for losses in shops around the Mangga and Manggis roads, and another 2 billion in losses from damaged office facilities. So far the Bantaeng Regency BPBD team has made efforts to manage disasters together with joint teams such as the TNI / Polri, Basarnas, Fire Extinguisher, Tagana, Disaster Preparedness Brigade, PMI, Community Organizations, Local Government and volunteers. Based on reports received to date, some water has receded at several locations. Raditya Jati Head of the BNPB Disaster Information and Communication Data Cente JAKARTA - A 19-year-old teenager became a victim in the flood disaster in Bantaeng Regency, South Sulawesi Province, which occurred since Friday (12/6) afternoon at 16.00 WITA. According to a report from the Bantaeng Regency Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD), the victim on behalf of Haerul (L) has been declared missing and has not yet been found. In addition, some residents were also forced to flee to safer and provided places. Based on chronology, the flood occurred because it was triggered by rain with high intensity since 15.00 WITA in the upstream area in the mountains. The high rainfall also caused the Calendu River water discharge to overflow and the Balang Sikuyu Checkdam to burst on the right side. As a result, a number of areas and residential areas and other public facilities were flooded. According to an updated BPBD report in Bantaeng Regency, floods with a water level of 20-150 centimeters inundated 2 sub-districts and 5 sub-districts. The details are the Bontos Really Village, Bontowatu Village and Bontorita Village in Bissappu District. Then Palantikang Village and Tapanjeng Village in Bantaeng District. Bantaeng Regency BPBD has coordinated with Basarnas, Social Service, Health Service, Kodim, TNI / Polri and related agencies for providing logistical assistance and medicines. Public kitchens have been established in two locations namely, in Bantaeng District and Bissappu District. Meanwhile, other urgent needs that are still needed are logistics and food, clothing, blankets, medicines and velbed or folding mattresses. Until this press release was reported, the floods in Bantaeng had gradually receded.

Sat, 13 Jun 2020

Indonesia, Flooding and Landslides in South Sulawesi

Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia
VERIFIED
 
CLOSED
AHA-FL-2020-000133-IDN
Quick View

Description

JAKARTA - The flash flood disaster that occurred in Bone Bolango Regency, Gorontalo, has forced at least 400 people to evacuate in four refugee points. This is according to a report from the Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) of Bone Bolango Regency, which was renewed on Sunday (6/14) at 21.20 WIB.

In addition to residents displaced, 2,608 households / 9,301 people were affected and 3 people were reported injured.

Based on previous reports, flash floods caused by the collapse of the Taluda River embankment after high intensity rain continued to occur in the Bone Bolango area on Thursday (11/6).

(Also read: Rain for 14 hours, Bone Bolango hit by a flash flood)

Some affected areas include Boludawa Village, East Tingkohubu Village, Tingkohubu Village, Tinelo Village, Bubeya Village in Suwawa District.

Then Libungo Village, Pancuran Village, Molintogupo Village and Bonda Raya Village in South Suwawa District. Tanah Putih Village, Luwoho Village, Timbuoo Village, Central Timbuolo Village, East Timbuolo Village, West Timbuolo Village, Buata Village in Botupingge District.

Furthermore, Padengo Village, Oluhuta Village, Tumbihe Village, Pauwo Village, Tanggilingo Village and West Dutohe Village in Kabila District, and several villages in Central Suwawa and East Suwawa Districts.

According to reports, as many as 2,504 housing units were affected with 31 homes reported to be heavily damaged and 10 houses slightly damaged. Then 1 school building was slightly damaged, 1 health facility building was damaged, 1 place of worship was damaged and 1 unit of the bridge was slightly damaged.

So far, the Bone Bolango BPBD Team is still conducting data collection, coordinating with the TNI / Polri and SAR teams to conduct evacuations in the field.

The Gorontalo Province BPBD team has also set up a public kitchen to provide logistical needs for affected communities. For the latest conditions, it is reported that the flood has gradually receded.

Thu, 11 Jun 2020

Indonesia, Flooding in Bone Bolango, Gorontalo

Gorontalo, Indonesia
VERIFIED
 
CLOSED
AHA-FL-2020-000132-IDN
Quick View

Description

JAKARTA - Dozens of houses were damaged by a magnitude 6.8 earthquake that occurred yesterday afternoon (4/6). Damaged houses are spread in 6 subdistricts in the Morotai Islands Regency.

BNPB Operational Control Center (Pusdalops) reported as of Friday (5/6), at 22.50 West Indonesia Time, house damage occurred in 6 sub-districts, namely South Morotai District, East Morotai, North Morotai, Morotai Jaya, West South Morotai and Rao Island. The total number of damaged houses is 128 units, with details of 99 units of lightly damaged houses (RR), 18 units of moderately damaged houses (RS) and 11 heavily damaged houses (RB)

BPBD of the Morotai Islands Regency recorded no casualties due to the earthquake that occurred at 15.49 WIB.

The local BPBD reported that after the earthquake there was an evacuation of residents. There are still people who have survived in the highlands or at home because of trauma.

Shortly after the earthquake, the BPBD Rapid Reaction Team of the Morotai Islands Regency and related agencies undertook emergency handling, such as ensuring victim assistance and data collection on damage. Currently data collection is still being carried out in the field.

BMKG corrected the parameters of the earthquake which previously had a magnitude of M7.1 to M6.8. The earthquake that occurred at a depth of 111 km was 99 km north of Daruba City, Morotai Island, North Maluku.

The earthquake shocks were felt by residents of Ternate City for 2-3 seconds in Ternate City, while those in West Halmahera Regency were weak for 2-3 seconds.

BNPB continues to monitor post-earthquake developments and coordinate with local BPBDs in emergency response.

Fri, 05 Jun 2020

Indonesia, Earthquake in North Maluku

Maluku Utara, Indonesia
VERIFIED
 
CLOSED
AHA-EQ-2020-000125-IDN