Indonesia, Coastal Flood in Pekalongan City (Central Java)
Coastal Flood in Pekalongan City, Prov. Central Java
➢ Chronological: triggered by high waves and the embankment broke on the day
Tuesday, May 16 2023 At 16.00 WIB
➢ Location :
● Kec. Pekalongan Utara
- Kel. Panjang wetan
- Kel. Kandang panjang
- Kel. Panjang baru
- Kel. Krapyak
- Kel. Bandengan
- Kel. Degayu
- Kel. Padukuhan kraton
➢ Casualties :
● ± 3,657 affected households
➢ Material Loss :
● 3,657 affected housing units
● TMA ± 10 - 20 cm
➢ Efforts :
● Pekalongan City BPBD coordinates across sectors regarding handling
an emergency involves all elements of the local government and society.
● Extreme Wave Impact Monitoring and Patrols.
● Mapping of affected areas.
● Emergency handling of damaged embankments using sandbags